Smithingham, Lewis Profile
Lewis Smithingham is a creative technologist who lives in New York City. He has gained international recognition for his early adoption of VR film production having shot a number of high profile narrative and documentary 360/VR projects. As a livestreaming director, he has worked with tech partners to create a number of first ever live feats for 5G, 4K and 360. Prior to working in VR he worked as a bullet time artist and a concert tour video director. He is a graduate of Werner Herzog's Rogue Film School and an Official Guinness World Record Holder. As a director, he is interested creating hybrid forms that bridge the gap between narrative and interactive.
- How Videogames are changing the way we make cinema
- Saturday, April 6 • 10:15 AM - 11:05 AM
- Cinematography at scale: The Impact of Massive Multi-Player Games on Cinema and Entertainment
- Saturday, April 6 • 2:15 PM - 3:05 PM
- VFX in the Cloud: 5G
- Saturday, April 6 • 3:25 PM - 4:10 PM